COVID-19 ALERT EMAIL POSTED
To all our friends, clients and patients,
We hope this finds you in good health. We know that these are emotionally difficult times and we are here to help. This is a very serious health emergency. Do not take it lightly.
We are following all updates and regulations from the CDC and Broward County Health Department. Your health and our health are of paramount concern. We are therefore taking the following steps to reduce the possibility of any of us contracting COVID-19.
1. We are cleaning the doorknobs, phones, light switches, chairs, and desks several times a day as a precaution.
2. We are washing our hands with soap and water several times a day.
3. We are providing hand sanitizer to patients that request it.
4. As best we can, we are practicing social distancing.
5. We are providing teletherapy services for patients who cannot or do not want to come into the office. We will conduct visits either over the phone or online via the doxy.me site. This is a HIPAA protected teleconferencing site and our psychiatrist and each therapist will have an account. Please call Jillian at 954 755-2885 to schedule a teletherapy appointment and she will give you instructions on how to access each clinician’s Doxy.me account.
6. If you are sick or do not feel well, please stay home and take care of yourself.
7. If you have recently travelled either domestic or foreign, please arrange for a teletherapy appointment and do not come to the office.
8. If you have been exposed to someone who has the COVID-19 virus, please arrange for a teletherapy appointment and do not come to the office.
9. During this time period, we will not charge for missed or late cancelled appointments.
10. If you are having difficulty controlling your fear or just need to talk, call us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
What you can do!
1. Remain home if you are sick or feeling unwell
2. Put news reports in perspective and do not spend excessive time watching the news
3. Get your news from reliable sources and not social media
4. Wash your hands frequently
5. Drink a lot of water
6. When you can, eat well and sleep well
7. Reduce your anxiety by taking deep breaths, meditating, exercising, watching old or funny movies, etc.
8. Connect with friends
9. Have patience
10. Do not engage in any risky behaviors
We are all in this together and together we will get through this. Please do not take any risks and consider that this is not a normal time but a time for prudence and good judgment. Do not panic, stay connected, and practice good health.
We appreciate your help in keeping everyone healthy. Thank you.
The Staff at Joel I. Kimmel Ph.D., P.A. & Associates
Joel I. Kimmel, Ph.D.
Akiva Daum, M.D.
Blaise Amendolace, Psy.D.
Stacey Mednick, LCSW
Susan Flax, Psy.S.
Meredith Kimmel, ACC
Jillian Baer, admin